Taxes, Accounting, Bookkeeping Services » Federal Related

ID #1636

Kansas City, MO

Subject:†Important information for KS residents who worked in KC,MO (Years 2012,2013 & 2014)


Iím just sharing what I just learned this morning about a tax law change for Kansas residents.

If you lived in the state of Kansas and worked in Kansas City, MO during the years 2012, 2013 and 2014, and paid the 1% KC, MO tax, due to the latest tax law changes you can get back the 1% Kansas City, MO tax by filing an amended return with the state of Kansas for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Note that the return will be pretty much dollar for dollar for the year 2012. For the years 2013 and 2014, the credit will be minimal as the state of Kansas changed their tax laws in 2013.

What you need to do:

∑†††††††††File an amended return with the state of Kansas for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014. (K40 form).

∑†††††††††Send the RD-109 form for each year along with the amendment.

For convenience, here are the links to all the forms:

2012 K40 form:†2012 K40 form

2012 RD-109 form:†2012 KCMO RD 109 form

2013 K40 form:†2013 K40 form

2013 RD-109 form:†2013 KC MO RD 109 form

2014 K40 form:†2014 K 40 form

2014 RD-109 form:†2014 KC MO RD 109 form

If you missed the news update like I did, here is the link where you can read about this tax law change:

Also, I spoke to KS Department of revenue earlier this morning and they are accepting and processing these amendments.

Tags: -

Related entries:

Last update: 2016-05-09 18:12
Author: Hari B. Gadi
Revision: 1.0

Digg it! Print this record Send to a friend Show this as PDF file
Propose a translation for Propose a translation for
Please rate this entry:

Average rating: 1 out of 5 (1 Votes )

completely useless 1 2 3 4 5 most valuable

You cannot comment on this entry